DIY arty geometric lampshade | How About Orange

August 21, 2013

DIY arty geometric lampshade


This image caught my eye in the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living. That bright red geometric lampshade looks painted, but it's actually two lampshade frames wrapped together with ribbon. The frames came from The Lamp Shop, and the fitting was removed from the bottom upside-down shade with a hacksaw.


It's unique and cool! Hang one in your house and your friends will think you're an artist, I bet. The project is part of a DIY lampshade article in the September issue. See page 92 for the complete how-to.

Photos by Lucas Allen. Courtesy of Martha Stewart Living. Copyright © 2013. For more craft ideas, check out www.marthastewart.com.


10 comments:

Kim said...

Very cool! Thanks for sharing this crafty idea!

Grandma G said...

Hmm... that's weird/crazy in a cool sort of way. Can't decide if I like it or not. :)

Mum

Jessica Jones said...

If I like it, you probably don't.

Jessica Jones said...

Although I think you do like the blue settee I'm getting!

Grandma G said...

Yeah, see? You're coming over to my side! ;)

Mum

Anonymous said...

I don't know about you, but I think it would look better smaller. Cool idea though!

Anonymous said...

I saw this in Martha and loved it!

Ananas said...

I really love it. Thanks for sharing!

Kit said...

SO Funky! I may not have the patience to make this but definitely have the artsyness (is that a word?) :D Will definitely give it a try!

Craft It Up said...

love it! So elegant and simple